Monday, March 5, 2012

When I make it to Moab

I have been seriously lagging when it comes to my blog, so I apologize. BUT, this is going to be a two-entry day to make up for it, so get excited!!

A few weekends ago, for President's Day weekend, a few friends and I went out to Moab in southern Utah. My friend Ryan (pictured below) and his family had a vacation planned, and as he has just a younger sister who lives at home now, his parents wanted some more rowdy young adults to liven up the trip...So naturally they told him to invite some friends! And invite them he did.

All of the pictures below were taken at Arches National Park near Moab, Utah.

Ryan with the structure that we nicknamed "The Three Wisemen."

Jake the hippie/mountain man.

Nick Jones reppin' the 90's.

Edward, being himself.

Jake clinging for his life to the edge of the cliff.

You guys are my top dudes.

My dear Katie and I in front of "Delicate Arch" (the one featured on the Utah license plate)

Jake meditating on a cliff...typical

I have nothing to say about this one...except for that I love it.

This is what happens when you ask Jake to take a picture for you.

Derek died and came back to life along the way.

Jake, please always wear your shirt unbuttoned that way.

Katie and I bringing back the sweatshirt tied around the waist look.

Conquerer.

"Are you MAN enough?"

Katie, Ed, and I in front of "Landscape Arch"
Trying to get warm after the sun started going down.
Yes, that is Jake biting Ryan. NBD.

Nick, Jake, Sarah, and me in front of some cool rocks.

The gang in front of "Landscape Arch."

If you can see the gorilla or the crocodile head amongst these rocks, you are my best friend.



Some more rocks and stuff

Anyway, the trip was really great, and the theme song for the few days we were there was "Moab" by Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley band. It's a good one, go have a listen.

We spent the rest of our time when we weren't hiking playing signs (kudos to Sarah for having the best one...the Tebow) and Uno, eating fatty Mexican burritos, stuffing ourselves on Ryan's family's cooking, and cramming 9 of us into one tiny hot tub. Overall, a great weekend away from Provo with some great friends. LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment