Saturday, November 26, 2011

Trim the tree

Today, Christmas made its way into the Gunner household. Decorating for Christmas is something we take very seriously in our house, and we have acquired quite a few trinkets over the years. We have two Christmas trees in our house: one in the living room and one in the family room. Because the living room tree is visible first thing when someone walks into our house, it has been deemed "the pretty ornament tree." The family room tree is hidden back in our house where mostly our family and some visitors hang out. As such, it holds mostly homemade (a.k.a. usually super ugly) ornaments. My sister, Savannah, and I put on some Christmas music (She & Him Christmas album is awesome!) and had quite a good time decorating the "ugly ornament tree" today.


Singing elf (maybe?) made out of a soda can. Super uggo.

Savannah made this one...Popsicle sticks for Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus and red pen to draw on their faces.

Only the really ugly ornaments make it to the back of the "ugly ornaments tree." Savannah handed me this one for the back. The picture in the middle is me in second or third grade. Should I be offended? Probably. But I'll admit, this one is REALLY ugly.

Polka dot rocking horse is a winner.

I'm pretty sure this one was given to me with love from either Courtney or Micah, my two best friends growing up. Love the hand painted I <3 MRG (Melissa Rae Gunner). How sweet!

I think this one is the VERY ugliest ornament we own. Why would we have a baby in a bunny costume for CHRISTMAS? I don't get it...

Christmas unicorn.



This was an ornament from my dad's childhood. It looks like the Pringles guy to me.


imgres.jpg

My older brother, Kellen, when he was little. This one is actually pretty cute.

My little brother, Austin's, head put on an angel. This one is just funny!

Popsicle stick reindeer. I also made this one... Apparently I'm the queen of making ugly ornaments.

Little Austin on a felt heart with green and red fingerpaints.

We gave Boon a jingle bell so he could join in the Christmas spirit. He hated it and would freak out every time he walked because it would make noise and he had no idea where it was coming from. My dog is intelligent.

Although all the individual ornaments may be pretty hideous, all together they make quite a beautiful Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment