Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Most Awkward Double Date of My Life

Now I'm sure you are all dying to read about this "awkward" date of mine, right? Well I TRICKED YOU! That was just a catchy title to get you to keep reading. Especially if you are reading this, Zacchary.

Anyway, my dear friend Kristen is dating a great guy named Paul, and last weekend I went on a double date with them and Paul's roommate, Zacchary. We started the night off at one of my very favorite places to eat, Zupas!

Because, embarrassingly enough, I worked at Zupas for about a month last year, I know all the secrets of what to order and why. Or at least I thought I did. Pesto chicken panini is always a winner, so I ordered that (without tomatoes of course) and usually I go for the tomato basil soup mixed with the Wisconsin cauliflower. Here is my reasoning: they are both good by themselves, but you put them together and it's magical. Also, the workers have to estimate on how much to give you since they do about half a scoop of each, and usually it turns out they fill your bowl a teensy bit higher than they usually would if you were only getting one type of soup, just because the measurements aren't as exact.

In this case, however, the girl that did my soup loaded it up to the brim, but the guy that gave Zacchary his soup totally jipped him and gave him like half as much as usual, so apparently this trick doesn't work all the time.

But we did get a THREE BITE STRAWBERRY! What is that you might ask? It's a strawberry that is so big, it has to be eaten in three bites. Look at this thing!

After dinner we headed to Classic Skating in Orem.
I've been twice before, but you would never know it because I'm really not very good.



Although Zacchary and Paul wouldn't admit it, I'm pretty sure roller skating is their thing and they hang out with all the teeny bopper scene kids at Classic Skating every weekend. These two were stinking good at it!

Zacchary on one foot...no big deal...

Paul skating/dancing backwards

Cutest couple award, matching outfits!

Gotta have a train going at some point.

And of course, our hipster pic of the night:
Angles like this are hipster gold, right?

We ended the night by going to my new favorite place The Chocolate where we got various goodies. Kristen and Paul went for the cazookie (a rip-off of BJ's pazookie, but equally good).


I got caramel pecan hot chocolate (best thing of my life) and Zacchary went for the frosted glass of milk and vanilla ice cream (which the worker made fun of him for haha!)

Moral of the story: Go to Zupas, Classic Skating, or The Chocolate, (or all of the above!) if you want to eat great food and have a fabulous time. Oh, and good company can help too!

Peace and blessings, peace and blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment