Monday, January 30, 2012

Six weeks, six packs


As many of you might already know, I am an avid Jillian Michaels fan. If you don't know who she is (shame on you!) she was the crazy trainer on the Biggest Loser and she's RIPPED. My collection of Jillian Michaels workout DVDs has recently doubled, as my mom sent me two new ones this week (thanks Mom!!).

My collection now includes:

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
30 Day Shred
Yoga Meltdown
anddddd.... SIX WEEK SIX PACK

Random sidenote, but this ties in to Jillian, I promise. My roommate, Lindsey, is engaged to the man of her dreams and the happy couple plans to tie the knot on May 5th (shout out to Lindsey..."Cinco de mayo!") Because of this, Lindsey is on the LGN diet, and we, being the supportive roommates that we are, have decided to do it with her.
*For those of you who can't figure out what the LGN diet is, you can look it up but don't click on google images...I can't promise they will be G-rated*

So here is the plan: Katie and I are trying to fulfill our MyPlate recommendations every day. So far, she is doing much better at it than I am. But here are those requirements:

8 oz. grains
6.5 oz. protein
2 cups fruit
3 cups vegetables
3 cups dairy

Because I hate milk, and I seriously lag when it comes to vegetables, this is going to be a struggle (I had to buy chocolate syrup to make chocolate milk. It's the only way I can make the it bearable to drink). We loaded up on the produce at the store the other day, and I can happily say that when I had a sweet craving today, I reached for an apple instead of the usual cookies and chocolate! Yippee.

Besides eating healthy, the roommates and I are going to do Six Week Six Pack for six weeks and try to get jacked like Jillian. Seriously, she's crazy.
Bridget and I started this evening...you guys can give my other roommates crap for not joining us on the FIRST DAY OF THE PLAN


Now that this is written in ink (well, almost) I am going to be held accountable for my actions. Just ask me about my six pack on March 12.





2 comments:

  1. DANG IT i want in on this!!!! you should email me what you guys are doing or something, i just got a gym membership here so i will try to keep up!

    ReplyDelete