Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve


The Gunner household has a few Christmas traditions, most of them having to do with food. One tradition we've been doing as long as I can remember is appetizers for dinner on Christmas Eve. This Christmas Eve was even more special because we had quite a large group!
My grandparents were there, along with my sister-in-law, Olivia, and the rest of her family. We enjoyed a variety of appetizers, most of which were fried or in some other way altogether terrible for your health.

The fruit platter may be the exception to the previous statement.


Mini empanadas! My mom got these especially for me because I always talked about how great the ones we would eat in Ecuador were!

Teriyaki meatballs=delicious

Mini quiches! Yum!

Strawberries, crackers and dip, empanadas


Mexican style pasta salad and Chinese chicken salad...so good!

After dinner we enjoyed some delicious Christmas cookies, which I failed to take pictures of, as I was busy scarfing them down. But I will say the powdered sugar-covered snowball cookies never fail to impress!

Another tradition we have at our house is opening one gift on Christmas Eve. In recent years, it has become tradition to more specifically open our sibling gifts the night before Christmas. Since the kids in our family are getting older (and we are all super broke), we now draw names for exchanging gifts. Here are some pictures from the sibling gift exchange:

Kellen got Savannah this super cute dress! I think Olivia probably helped him pick it out...

Olivia knows me too well...Jillian Michaels DVD and workout mat/handweights!


And Austin (aka my mom) got Olivia almost the same thing. Although she needed a thicker mat to be able to work out on the hard floors at her house!

I had Kellen, and I, knowing his love for skinny ties and mustaches, got him both! I didn't take a picture of the ties, but I assure you they are really great. Clearly, the mustaches were a hit, as he came over the next day looking like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment