Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lately

With finals coming up, I've been failing at updating my blog. Since I need to get back to studying, this will be a quick update of what has been going on lately.

For starters, this past week was Nikolaus, a German holiday that Lindsey and I both celebrated in our homes growing up. Nikolaus is celebrated on December 6th. Children put their shoes out by the door on December 5th and St. Nicholas comes during the night and fills them with sweets if the children were good, and with a tree branch (or a switch for the parents to beat them with like my mom always told us growing up) if they were bad.

We forgot to put our shoes out on the 5th, but luckily, Lindsey remembered before she went to bed so she took care of it for us. And guess what...St. Nicholas paid us a visit!

We were all very good this year, so we got treats (except for Lindsey...she got treats AND a lump of coal thanks to Katie).

We also planned a little dessert night get together this week. Since we've had a little less time on our hands than usual this week with finals coming up, Jessi decided that in place of dinner group, we could have dessert night. We invited a few apartments over for treats. I can't take credit for any of it, because I didn't contribute anything really (except I did most of the dishes...back to me being a clean freak I guess).

From top left: lemon bars, white chocolate dipped oreos with peppermint, cream cheese gingerbread bites. Katie also made some pecan pie that is not pictured.

Last night we had the ward closing social. It was an ugly sweater party complete with white elephant gifts and a dance party. I don't have much time to write, but I will say that I got a set of finger paints for the white elephant. I brought a bow and arrow set from the dollar store to contribute, and the guy that got it was way excited about it, as was I with my finger paints. Here is some pictures from the evening:

Vladi in his crop top turtleneck

Kai (in his white elephant denim stretchpants) and Jessi

Nick Jones sandwich!

Family home evening sister pic!

We finished the evening by watching The Holiday, a Christmas classic, and dreaming about Jude Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment