Saturday, December 10, 2011

Red Shoe Day


Sometimes when we are getting ready for church, we yell out an item that we are wearing that day to our roommates and say "It's ______ day!"
For example: last Sunday was red shoe day. Jessi happened to be wearing red boots as I was putting on a pair of red shoes myself, so in unison we yelled, "KATIE! RED SHOE DAY!" This required Katie to modify her outfit just a little bit, but luckily she had some red shoes of her own. Lindsey was out of town last week, so she wasn't able to join in on the fun.

Left to right: Katie, me, Jessi.

This week we were going to do this skit for church where we were supposed to introduce our apartment to the ward. We decided that we would all impersonate each other in order to tell everyone a little about ourselves. At first we thought that we should dress like each other, but then we realized that we all dress very similarly. Then we thought that we should talk like each other, but we all have the same phrases and voice inflections (according to several people, Katie's voice and mine are indistinguishable from one another). So we decided we would just have to talk about things that each of us likes. Here's how it went: I was Katie, Katie was Jessi, and Jessi was me. Lindsey was still out of town for this activity. Here's the things we talked about:

Me being Katie: Loves animals more than people, went to Jerusalem, Ed Houstman making fun of her all the time and the face she makes when he does it, she sings like Mariah Carey (for realz, just ask her about it sometime)

Katie being Jessi: sweetest person on the planet, avoids conflict except for in sports where she dominates, going to Spain next semester (wahh :( !) has THE MOST ANNOYING alarm clock in the world and likes to push snooze a billion times before she gets up

Jessi being me: my love for the human body (I'm an anatomy TA), totes uses abbrevs all the time, love for running, kind of a clean freak (not really, but according to my roommates I am)

Anyway, that was off topic a little bit, but I just thought of it since we all wore red shoes. Apparently living with each other for as long as we have can morph you into almost the same person. I'm glad that Katie, Lindsey, and Jessi are so great, because if they are rubbing off on me, then I know I am only improving myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment